EV Database Data Services
The EV Database was born out of frustration of the lack of objective information on electric vehicles. The project started out small, but has since grown into a central hub of objective information on electric vehicles in several countries. The project wasn't - and never will be - about making money: it's about supporting the push to sustainable mobility by gathering objective information on EV's and making this information available to the general public for free.
Like any business, we do however have costs associated with running the project. To cover these costs we run ads, which we rather wouldn't have to do. That's why we try to cover our costs with another important source of income: selling our data to all sorts of clients. These clients range from automotive companies to chargepoint operators, research institutes, media and consultancy firms.
If you're interested in using our data, please see below for more information.
In the spirit of our mission we also allow free use of our data, but only under strict conditions.
The use of data from the EV Database is only free if the following conditions are met:
- Prior permission for the use of the data is requested to and granted by EV Database, see contact details below
- The data is strictly copied and updated manually, no automated data collection can be applied in any form
- Wherever the data is used, EV Database is listed as the source and an active and up-to-date link to EV Database is clearly visible
- When using data of a specific vehicle, an active and up-to-date link to the vehicle's detailpage on the EV Database is clearly visible
- Hot linking to, or direct use of, any images on EV Database's servers is not allowed
- The data is only published in its original state and without any modifications
Spiders, crawlers or any other forms of automatic data collection are not allowed. All traffic on our servers is strictly monitored. Unauthorized use of free services will result in a permanent denial of access to the database. In the event of any unauthorized collection or use of the data all applicable costs will be charged retroactively.
Paid Use - Data Export
All data of the EV Database is available for application in external systems by means of a dynamic export. As the dataset isn't very dynamic, we do not operate or maintain a fully-fledged API. An overnight sync is usually more than enough for any application. An additional benefit is that we can keep the cost of infrastructure, bandwidth and maintenance at a minimum and offer a very competitive price. Clients will receive a custom endpoint to which they can send a request. The request will result in a response in the form of a customized and fully updated dataset. The response will normally be in either CSV or JSON, but other formats are available.
- Dynamic exports: automatically get the latest updates and new vehicles
- Application of data in internal or external/public applications allowed
- Vehicle and field selection fully tailored and customized
- Available regions: the Netherlands, the United Kingdom (both with local pricing) and European Union (without pricing)
- Available units: Metric, UK Imperial or US Imperial (irrespective of region selected)
- Custom fields possible: any custom field can be created from the base data
- Hot-linking to images allowed
- Request intervals: 35 requests per month for overnight sync (more available at additional cost)
- Listing of EV Database as source is not compulsory
- Linking to EV Database is not compulsory
- CSV or JSON as standard, other formats by request
- Datasets can be ready for use in as little as a few hours
Request Data Services
If you're interested in using our data or have any further questions, please contact us by email. To get an accurate quote, please include details about the intended use of application. One of our specialists should reply within a few hours.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org